Last Update :: July 08 , 2016 at 10 pm pst
I finished PhD at Brown University. My major is Mechanics of Solids & Structures and minors are Physics & Chemistry. While at Brown, I was also a visiting researcher at The Laboratory for Research on the Structure of Matter (LRSM), The University of Pennsylvania, Phialdelphia, USA. I have defended my thesis on January 16, 2015. Click Here to see the structure of my PhD thesis.
I came to United States after completing my studies in India ( BESUS - Howrah , IISc - Bangalore) , Spain (BarcelonaTech-Barcelona), and France (Ecole Centrale-Nantes , EDF -Paris). I am interested in Interdisciplinary Research integrating ideas from different subjects but keeping the epicenter at Mechanics, Computation, and Materials Science.
Email : dibakar_datta @ alumni.brown.edu
What's Next ?
* Talk @ Tesla Motors, California, USA
* Talk @ UMass - Dartmouth, USA
Started postdoc at Stanford.
PhD Defense DONE at Brown. [Link]
BOOK : Click on the image below
Latest Papers / Tutorials / Reports
* Paper on "Surface hydrogen regulated wrinkling and torque capability of hydrogenated graphene annulus under circular shearing" is accepted for publication in Nature Scientific Reports.
* Paper on "Effect of Crack Length and Orientation on the Mixed-Mode Fracture Behavior of graphene" is accepted for publication in Extreme Mechanics Letters.
* Paper on "Anomalous mechanical characteristics of graphene with tilt grain boundaries tuned by hydrogenation" is accepted for publication in CARBON
- Abstract of my 5 talks at SES 2014