Last Update :: November 20 , 2016
I am currently an assistant professor (tenure track) at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, New Jersey Instutite of Technology (NJIT), Newark, USA.
I finished PhD at Brown University under the direction of Prof. Vivek B Shenoy. My major is Mechanics of Solids & Structures and minors are Physics & Chemistry. While at Brown, I was also a visiting researcher at The Laboratory for Research on the Structure of Matter (LRSM), The University of Pennsylvania, Phialdelphia, USA.
I was a postdoctoral research scholar in Mechanics and Computation at Stanford University. I came to United States after completing my studies in India ( BESUS - Howrah , IISc - Bangalore) , Spain (BarcelonaTech-Barcelona), and France (Ecole Centrale-Nantes , EDF -Paris). I am interested in Interdisciplinary Research integrating ideas from different subjects but keeping the epicenter at Mechanics, Computation, and Materials Science.
Email : dibakar_datta @ alumni.brown.edu ; dibakar.datta @ njit.edu
What's Next ?
* Seminar @ Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
* Seminar @ Michigan Technological University, USA
* Seminar @ Tesla Motors, California, USA
* Seminar @ UMass - Dartmouth, USA
* Paper on "Interlayer Shear of Nanomaterials : Graphene-Graphene, Boron Nitride - Boron Nitride and Graphene - Boron Nitride " is accepted for publication in Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica
* Paper on "Thermal rectification of graphene nanoribbons endorsed by surface hydrogenation" is accepted for publication in CARBON
* Paper on "Mechanical properties of graphene grain boundary-hexagonal boron nitride in-plane heterostructure with controlled domain size" is accepted for publication in Computational Materials Science